Macs can get viruses too!
Find out if you are infected with the Flashback Trojan and how to fix it – fast and easy
You can download the scripts at the CloudApp (http://i.c-mac.me/Fc21). After unzipping, simply double-click on “trojan-check” and “trojan-check-2.”
- Go to the Mac’s Library folder and select LaunchAgents. There should be several files in that catalog.
- Search all files in the folder for the following contents:
- Look for the file name specified in the ProgramArguments key. This is where the file BackDoor.Flashback.39 would be located. If the file is empty, it means that none of your programs are meant to start automatically. It also means that you are not infected.
- To see if this is the Trojan, scan it with anti-virus software for Mac OS or upload it to VirusTotal website.
- To cure the machine, delete both files.
- Removing the files should restore your computer.